A number of product recalls have been announced by the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) this week. Most of these recalled products contain chicken that may be contaminated by Listeria monocytogenes.
In a number of cases, these recalled products have been distributed for institutional purposes, including cafeterias, hospitals, schools, and retirement homes.
Recalled products include:
- DD Poultry is recalling Glacial Treasure brand frozen chicken products - CFIA notice
- Industry cooked diced chicken meat products - CFIA notice
- Les aliments Deli Chef sandwiches - CFIA notice
- A Bis Gourmet sandwiches - CFIA notice
- Ryding-Regency Meat Packers Ltd. raw beef and veal products - CFIA notice
Consumers should check to see if they have these recalled products in their homes or business establishments. Recalled products should be returned to the location where they were purchased. If you have received the recalled products and have further transformed the recalled products, you are advised to contact the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA).