The CLIENT SERVICES OFFICER (CSO) will provide counselling services to local businesses and social enterprises, including start-up, growth & innovation planning, with a particular emphasis on financial analysis & projections. They will also assist the CDC’s Loans Officer with loan administration, client relations, loan renewals; and, maintain strong community connections.
Reporting to the General Manager, the SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE WILL:
• provide counsel to businesses/organizations (i.e. assist business with marketing & financial planning; advise on practical steps and resources to starting & operating a business)
• identify client needs and connect them to CDC programs & services, as applicable
• maintain a strong working knowledge of other community resources & funding opportunities in order to facilitate outbound referrals/connections
• provide expertise and guidance to clients with respect to the review of financial statements and the development of financial projections
• provide assistance to the Loans Officer with loan administration, existing client relations, loan renewals/reviews
• develop & coordinate mentorship and other business support programs, as needed
The IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
• a College/University Degree coupled with a minimum of 3 years’ experience; preferably in business or a related field
• exceptional organizational and analytical skills
• a proven understanding of business development
• the ability to understand financial statements, plus experience creating financial projections
• excellent interpersonal skills in order to build and maintain effective relationships with clients and the community
• the ability to innovate, think creatively and problem solve
• a proven ability to be resourceful and customer focused
• a strong proficiency in the use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• experience as a small business owner/operator (would be an asset)
• experience coaching, counselling, or training (would be an asset)
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes by June 4, 2021 at 4:00 pm to Wendy Timpano, CDC, PO Box 2525, 22 Peter St. S., Orillia, ON L3V 7A3 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
22 Peter Street South
The Community Development Corp. (CDC) is here to help your business start, grow and succeed!
We provide counselling, training & funding to local businesses to support job creation, growth and innovation. We also work with many community partners on various community economic development projects to build an economy in Ontario’s Lake Country that is prosperous, growing and sustainable.
Our business communities in the City of Orillia, Townships of Oro-Medonte, Ramara, Severn, and the Chippewas of Rama First Nation
all benefit from our diverse range of services.