Lake Shore Gold, a subsidiary of Pan American Silver, is seeking the following:
Mine Engineering Co-op Students (16 month Period) – Four positions
Lake Shore Gold is seeking 2nd, 3rd or 4th year Mine Engineering Co-op Students to support the Engineering departments at our Timmins West Mine and Bell Creek Mine sites in Timmins, Ontario.
Responsibilities of the Mine Engineering Student include:
• Assist the planning, ventilation and surveying personnel in their day-to-day activities
• Work in both on surface and in underground environments
• Data entry, filing, and excellent computer skills will be required.
• You will be required to work with Amine, EPS, Deswik, Ventsim, and Microsoft Office.
Chemical or Mineral Process Co-op Student (16 month Period) – One position
Lake Shore Gold is seeking a 2nd, 3rd or 4th year Chemical Engineering (or mining Engineering with a focus on mineral processing) co-op student to support the Bell Creek Mill in Porcupine, Ontario.
Responsibilities of the Chemical or Mineral Engineer Student include:
• Ensures all activities are in compliance with legislative, company and site regulations
• Enter data into the daily metallurgical file and issue the daily metallurgical report
• Responsible for mill sampling for the purposes of determining ore moisture content, plant circuit surveys, grind analyses, etc.
• Responsible for precise and reproducible sampling at month end to determine mill gold inventories.
• Responsible for reagent inventory counts at month end and calculating the required charge-outs for the warehouse to process
• Maintain the cleanliness of the lab and order any equipment required for the lab or refinery
• Perform lab experiments including but not limited to size analysis, leach tests, carbon activity, and ETP tests.
• Become proficient at the mill refiner jobs
• Mix reagents required by mill operations and geology
• Special projects as may be assigned from time to time
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel is required
• A valid driver’s licence is required
Students must be currently enrolled in a mineral/mining engineering program to be eligible. Proof of eligibility is required. The successful candidate will demonstrate Lake Shore Gold’s core values in Safety Health and the Environment and will meet the requirements of its Code of Conduct.
Students must have access to a vehicle or arrange car-pooling as public transportation is not available.
The placements will run from May 2023 to August 2024.
To express your interest in one of these positions, please forward your resume to:
P.O. Box 1067, Timmins, ON P4N 7H9
Lake Shore Gold is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and we believe that diversity and inclusion among our team members is critical to our success. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and all aspects of employment including the decision to hire or promote will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business requirements. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process