McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers for over 70 years. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an EssoTM branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, Platinum Member. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each and every customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer opportunities for development for personal and career growth.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
As a result of continued growth, McDougall Energy is looking for a high energy, results focused individual as a Solutions Analyst. Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Solutions Analyst will help create, administer and maintain the Company’s IT supporting software and customizations, and to respond to and help resolve IT related issues in support of the Company’s entire operations.
- Deploy new and existing software and applications, including mobile technologies
- Develop, design, analyze, and maintain software systems to enable business strategies
- Interface with the Business Analysts and end users to plan and design
- Assist the Director of Information Technology, Solutions Architect and IT Team in various IT related projects
- Schedule and attend to each operational site when required to implement new software and/or applications or unit test new developments
- Assist the IT ServiceDesk troubleshooting and resolve incidents, requests and problems in a timely and accurate manner
- Interface with other departments as required assisting with IT projects (End-User Acceptance Testing, Solution Design, etc.)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Completed University Degree in an IT related field, Computer Science an asset
- Minimum 3 years of experience in an IT environment; Application or Solutions Development an asset
- Demonstrated experience in design, programming and implementation of solutions
- Demonstrated experience in software testing methodologies including Systems Integration, Quality, Unit and User Acceptance Testing
- Strong organization and prioritization skills; committed to deadlines
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful cross-functional working relationships
- Strong knowledge and experience working with ASP.Net, Visual Studio, SQL Service and Android Studio
- Demonstrated ability to work in a Project Management framework
- Knowledge and understanding of Software Development Best Practices (SDLC): MVC, Agile, RAD, Iterative, Testing Patterns
- Demonstrated knowledge of IT Controls (ITIL, COBIT, etc)
- Demonstrated success in living the values of McDougall Energy
- Strong understanding of Privacy and Confidentiality in the workplace
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or send a resume by email us to: email@example.com
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.