Orillia Minor Hockey is inviting applications for Administrative Assistant. This position will involve working with the Board of Directors, Team Officials, Hockey Parents, Volunteers, On-Ice Officials and Timekeepers and the Ontario Minor Hockey Association. The position is located at the Orillia Minor Hockey Association office located in the West Ridge Sports Complex in Orillia, Ontario.
The position is based on 1200 hours per year at a rate of $ 25.00 per hour based on the following: Twenty-four hours/week August-April and 12 hours/week May to July in the Minor Hockey Office. Outside of the stated office hours the position will receive up to 120 hours per year to work remotely.
- Day-to-day operations of the operations of the Orillia Minor Hockey Association which includes answering and responding to all telephone calls/messages, emails or forward to appropriate Directors. Collection/distribution of mail
- Greet and assist members attending at the Office.
- Distribute organization material to all members, team officials and players. Inputting information on the Association website.
- Prepare Agenda for Board of Directors Meetings, take minutes of those Meetings and produce and distribute Minutes.
- Liaison with Orillia City Parks and Recreation regarding incident reports, tournaments and booking of meeting rooms.
- Supporting/ensuring members have certification required to volunteer.
- Communicate Registration information to membership via email, website.
- Co-ordinate the Registration process, registering and inputting of all players, team officials, parents and volunteers into the Hockey Canada Registry (HCR).
- Inputting all team rosters into the HCR.
- Collection/inputting of birth certificates for all first time registrants.
- Obtaining/inputting signed copies of Rowan’s Law and confirming Respect in Sports Parent from members.
- Obtaining/inputting paperwork for Player Transfers and follow up.
- Following up on outstanding fees.
- Keep accurate up-to-date records of all monies received and disbursed.
- Day-to-day banking where required.
- Payment of all invoices received.
- Issue receipts for all payments received.
- Payment of all referees and timekeepers.
- Payroll payments including monthly submissions to Receiver General and yearly T-4 slips.
- Receiving registration and representative fees.
- Receiving Non-Resident Player (NRP) fees.
- Reconcile monthly monies received and disbursed with bank statements.
- Prepare list of all cheques to be circulated and adopted by the Board of Directors at Board Meetings.
- Collection and deposit of tournament fees.
- Assist Association Auditor with the yearly financial statement.
- Co-Chair Tournaments.
- Obtain tournament application, register teams and correspond with teams.
- Correspond with Regional Director as to requirements and documents.
- Complete post tournament forms and forward to RD.
- Organize vendors and award presentations.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Year-end Banquet
- In-House clinics
- Photo Day
- Myte Program Support
- Attendance at Annual General Meeting
- Ordering of year end trophies for Association
- Coordination of the “Fill the Net” yearly Food Drive
- All other duties as may be deemed necessary by the Board of Director of the Orillia Minor Hockey Association to operate effectively/efficiently year to year.
The successful candidate for the position of Office Administrator shall possess the following:
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and other information by 4:00pm on Friday, June 18, 2021 to Orillia Minor Hockey Association President, Steve Fagan by email
- Experience within a volunteer-based sports organization and post graduate education in Administration of Business or Sports or a minimum of three years working in a business office.
- Experience in bookkeeping and related computer programs such as Simply Accounting (SAGE)
- Strong Interpersonal and Communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Time Management, Organization, Multi-tasking, Self-Motivation, Confidence and Positive Attitude.