CITY OF ORILLIA
The City of Orillia is excited to launch OrilliaNow, a customizable online portal designed to provide residents and visitors with information about City of Orillia services, programs and amenities that matter to them.
“The OrilliaNow portal is customizable for you to access online services, applications and other frequently requested city information that matters to you,” said Mayor Don McIsaac. “By leveraging technology to enhance accessibility and convenience, this new portal represents a step forward in how residents and visitors of the City of Orillia can access information.”
The secure online portal is accessible at orillia.ca/now from any mobile device or computer and allows residents and visitors to customize the information they view and receive, enabling them to tailor their experience. The dashboard can be personalized to include information and notifications that are most important to the user, including upcoming council meetings, waste collection, news and events, recreation programs and beyond.
While creating a profile, the OrilliaNow portal can be easily connected to a municipal address for residents and property owners, providing a unique and tailored experience according to individual needs and specific property location, including waste collection information, road closures and reminders.
The OrilliaNow portal provides access to information and opportunities including:
- Recreation program daily drop-in information and registration.
- Available parks, fields, trails, and municipal facilities in the community.
- Subscribe to receive news, notifications and alerts for weather events and road closures.
- Connect to the Transit app for real-time Orillia transit information.
- Parking information, including online ticket payment.
- Curbside collection pickup schedule.
- Identify ‘what goes where’ for waste collection.
- Purchase garbage tags.
- Apply and pay for a marriage licence.
- Request and purchase tax certificates.
- Check water consumption usage.
- Ongoing major construction projects and updates.
- Discover upcoming events in Orillia.
- Council information and meeting agendas.
- New resident information and resources.
- Visitor information and tourism-related resources.
- View and apply for current city career opportunities.
“The OrilliaNow portal enhances the services the city offers to residents and other stakeholders. The implementation of OrilliaNow is an important step in the city’s modernization journey and we look forward to adding new components regularly,” said Liz Reid, manager of information technology.
New additions coming soon to the portal include applying, paying, and tracking for building permits and purchasing dog licences.
The portal aligns with recommendations from a recent customer service review to add more self-serve online resources for taxpayers and was partially funded by the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Rural Economic Development Program as part of a grant for the city’s municipal modernization project.
OrilliaNow will replace the Pingstreet app, which was implemented in 2015 and is being discontinued by the service provider. The Orillia Pingstreet app will be decommissioned on Aug. 1, 2023.
To sign up to access the OrilliaNow portal and for more information and how-tos, visit orillia.ca/now.