Skip to content

Firefighters react quickly, snuff out dryer fire

Home monitoring system, smoke alarms helped prevent potential disaster
0
clothes dryer stock

NEWS RELEASE
ORO-MEDONTE TOWNSHIP
********************
This morning, at about 8:41 a.m., Oro-Medonte Fire & Emergency Services responded to a fire alarm activation at a residential home in the township.  '

Upon arrival at the home, located near the intersection of Line 15 and Bass Lake Sideroad, firefighters quickly assessed the situation and determined the cause of visible smoke was due to a fire taking place in a running dryer. 

The fire was quickly extinguished by firefighters and, thankfully, there were no injuries as a result of the fire. Nobody was home at the time of the fire.

Officials say working smoke alarms, combined with a home monitoring company, prevented the potential of the home being completely lost due to fire.

Residents are reminded to always remain at home while clothes dryers are in use; never leave your home with the dryer running.
********************




Comments