COUNTY OF SIMCOE
The County of Simcoe is now accepting applications for its 2020 Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant Program. Grants will be awarded to qualified organizations that cultivate collaborations to develop tourism, culture and sport programs and initiatives.
“The County is pleased to give a boost to arts, culture and sports initiatives through our 2020 Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant Program,” said Warden George Cornell. “Supporting local talent, entrepreneurs and organizations helps to enhance our local communities and grow regional tourism.”
The new Tourism, Culture and Sport Grant Program is the result of a merger between the Simcoe County Tourism Development Fund (SCTDF) and the Arts, Culture and Heritage (Built, Natural and Environmental) Grant, and is accessible to municipalities and not-for-profit organizations within Simcoe County.
Through this grant program, the County will support and enhance tourism, culture and sport in Simcoe County by:
- Investing in tourism, culture and sport activities that promote awareness, access, participation and appreciation of the distinct, diverse offerings within the County of Simcoe
- Building organizational capacity in local existing and new organizations
- Encouraging collaborative opportunities and partnerships
- Contributing to the County of Simcoe’s overall economic health and sense of place
- Enhancing participants’ experiences by supporting innovative and accessible programming
Interested applicants are asked to submit their forms by Friday, Feb. 28, 2020 at 4:30 p.m. Applications will be accepted under two category streams: Capacity-Building; and Project/Campaign. All applications will be reviewed by the County of Simcoe’s Grant Program Task Force, consisting of appointed County Councillors with support from County staff.
The grant program will provide up to $300,000 in funding, which will be divided among successful candidates based on program requirements, objectives and overall benefit to the entire region. Details and application guidelines can be found at http://www.simcoe.ca/dpt/fin/grants.