Public Health Ontario has reported 1,184 new COVID-19 cases in its latest report (Dec. 5).
Today's update also includes 609 new recoveries and zero deaths.
The Dec. 5 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- Of the new cases reported today, 557 were unvaccinated people, 22 were partially vaccinated, 536 were fully vaccinated, and 69 are listed as vaccination status unknown (missing health card information).
- 8,111 active cases, up from 7,536 yesterday.
- 140 people are currently hospitalized with COVID-19 in Ontario, down from 284 yesterday. *note: not all hospitals report data on the weeekend
- There are 164 patients in intensive care units because of COVID-19 (18 of those people no longer test positive for COVID-19) and 101 patients on ventilators (14 of those patients no longer test positive for COVID-19).
- The province reported 31,735 tests were processed yesterday.
- Another 11,423 tests are still under investigation and/or being processed. To date, 19.9 million tests have been completed.
- There were 62,989 doses of vaccines against COVID-19 administered yesterday, down from 80,898 on Dec. 3.
- 23,976,361 doses of vaccine have been administered.
- In total, 11,292,723 people have been fully vaccinated.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 623,497 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 605,358 recoveries and 10,024 deaths, 4,026 of those in long-term care homes.