Skip to content

Ontario reports 414 COVID patients in ICUs, 35 more deaths

Testing captures 2,944 new cases
Stock photo

On Feb. 12, Public Health Ontario is reporting 1,704 COVID-positive patients in hospital and 414 people in intensive care units with COVID.

There are also 2,944 new COVID cases, although new case counts are underestimated as testing is limited. 

The Feb. 12 updates provided by the province's public health agency and the ministry of health also reported the following data:


  • 3,306 recoveries and 35 deaths since yesterday's report. 
  • Among the new cases confirmed today are 474 unvaccinated people, 136 partially vaccinated people, and 1,980 fully vaccinated people. 
  • Lab-confirmed testing is mostly limited to Indigenous people, hospitalized people, and those who live or work in high-risk congregate care settings. As such a majority of the people being tested are fully vaccinated as per provincial or workplace mandatory vaccine policies.


  • 1,704 people are in hospital testing positive for COVID-19. Of those, 53 per cent were hospitalized because of COVID-19 and the other 47 per cent were admitted for other reasons but tested positive for COVID. 
  • There are 414 patients in Ontario ICUs with COVID. Of those, 81 per cent were admitted because of COVID-19 and the other 19 per cent were admitted for other reasons but tested positive for COVID.
  • There are 239 COVID patients on ventilators.
  • Not all hospitals report on weekends, so hospitalization numbers are incomplete on Sunday and Monday.

Public Health Ontario has confirmed 1,070,455 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic and reported 1,030,423 recoveries and 12,075 deaths.