Public Health Ontario reported 689 new COVID cases today (Aug. 21).
The latest update noted 475 recoveries and one death.
The Aug. 21 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- Of the new cases reported today, 427 are unvaccinated individuals, 63 are partially vaccinated, 137 are fully vaccinated, and the vaccination status of the remaining 62 cases is unknown.
- 4,660 active, lab-confirmed cases, up from 4,447 yesterday.
- 212 COVID-positive people are currently hospitalized in Ontario.
- Among the patients hospitalized (excluding ICU) 85 are unvaccinated, 11 are partially vaccinated, and 21 are fully vaccinated.
- There are 104 COVID-positive patients in intensive care, plus another 26 patients who no longer test positive for COVID-19.
- 60 COVID patients are on ventilators and another 18 patients on ventilators no longer test positive for COVID-19.
- Of the patients in intensive care, 67 are unvaccinated, seven are partially vaccinated, and five are fully vaccinated
- 9,731,926 Ontarians have been fully vaccinated
- The province reported 26,096 tests were processed yesterday, resulting in a 2.7 per cent positivity rate.
- There are 12,848 tests still awaiting processing, and the provincial labs have processed 16.9 million tests to date.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 558,790 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 544,679recoveries and 9,451 deaths.
For more on the province's breakdown of vaccination status, click here.