Public Health Ontario reported 715 new COVID cases today.
The latest updates noted 708 recoveries and five deaths, one of which occurred more than one month ago and was added to the cumulative report based on data cleaning.
The Sept. 19 update provided by the province's public health agency also reported the following data:
- Included in the new cases reported today are 440 unvaccinated people, 44 partially vaccinated people, 175 fully vaccinated people, and 56 cases where the vaccination status is unknown (missing health card data)
- 6,396 active, lab-confirmed cases, up from 6,395 yesterday.
- 245 people are hospitalized with COVID-19.
- There are 182 COVID-positive patients in the ICU plus another 21 patients no longer testing positive for COVID-19.
- Due to incomplete reporting on weekends, vaccination data for hospital and ICU admissions are not updated on Sundays
- There are 112 COVID-positive patients on ventilators and another 17 patients on ventilators no longer testing positive for COVID.
- 10,299,445 Ontarians have been fully vaccinated
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 579,584 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic, and reported 563,535 recoveries and 9,653 deaths.
For more on the province's breakdown of vaccination status, click here.