SIMCOE COUNTY DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD
Students and staff at Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) schools are celebrating after earning 17 Healthy Schools certifications from Ophea.
Ophea is a not-for-profit organization that champions healthy, active living in schools and communities and leads the provincial Healthy Schools initiative.
Ophea’s Healthy Schools Certification recognizes and celebrates school communities for promoting and enhancing the health and well-being of students, school staff and the broader community.
Participating schools complete the Six-Step Healthy Schools Process, which aligns with the Ministry of Education’s Foundations for a Healthy School resource.
Through a point-based system, schools planned their Healthy Schools process over the course of the school year. Schools outline the steps needed to achieve certification and apply to be certified as a gold, silver or bronze.
This school year, SCDSB schools earned eight golds, six silvers, one bronze and two participant level certifications. Last year, SCDSB schools earned fifteen certifications. View the full list of 274 healthy schools certifications.
SCDSB schools that achieved certification are:
- Allandale Heights Public School – Bronze
- Assikinack Public School – Silver
- Baxter Central Public School – Gold
- Bear Creek Secondary School – Silver
- Boyne River Public School – Gold
- Brechin Public School – Gold
- Coldwater Public School/Moonstone Elementary School - Silver
- Collingwood Collegiate Institute – Silver
- Couchiching Heights Public School – Participant
- Fieldcrest Elementary School – Gold
- Hewitt’s Creek Public School – Silver
- Hillsdale Elementary school – Gold
- Minesing Central Public School – Gold
- Nottawasaga Pines Secondary School – Gold
- Orchard Park Public School – Gold
- Terry Fox Elementary School – Participant
- W.R. Best Memorial Public School – Silver