CANADIAN FOOD INSPECTION AGENCY
Food Recall Warning - Alkanater brand Tahina recalled due to Salmonella
Recall date: January 14, 2020
- Reason for recall: Microbiological - Salmonella
- Hazard classification: Class 2
- Company / Firm: Phoenicia Group Inc.
- Distribution: Ontario, Possibly National, Quebec
- Extent of the distribution: Retail
Ottawa, January 14, 2020 - Phoenicia Group Inc. is recalling Alkanater brand Tahina from the marketplace due to possible Salmonella contamination. Consumers should not consume the recalled product described below.
The following product has been sold in Quebec and Ontario and may have been distributed in other provinces and territories.
|Alkanater||Tahina||454 g||6 92551 00002 0||PRO: 08/20/2018
What you should do
If you think you became sick from consuming a recalled product, call your doctor.
Check to see if you have the recalled product in your home. Recalled products should be thrown out or returned to the store where they were purchased.
Food contaminated with Salmonella may not look or smell spoiled but can still make you sick. Young children, pregnant women, the elderly and people with weakened immune systems may contract serious and sometimes deadly infections. Healthy people may experience short-term symptoms such as fever, headache, vomiting, nausea, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Long-term complications may include severe arthritis.
- Learn more about the health risks
- Sign up for recall notifications by email and follow us on social media
- View our detailed explanation of the food safety investigation and recall process
- Report a food safety or labelling concern
BackgroundThis recall was triggered by Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) test results. The CFIA is conducting a food safety investigation, which may lead to the recall of other products. If other high-risk products are recalled, the CFIA will notify the public through updated Food Recall Warnings.
The CFIA is verifying that industry is removing the recalled product from the marketplace.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.**************************