On Feb. 13, Public Health Ontario is reporting 1,540 COVID-positive patients in hospital and 402 people in intensive care units with COVID.
There are also 2,265 new COVID cases, although new case counts are underestimated as testing is limited.
The Feb. 13 updates provided by the province's public health agency and the ministry of health also reported the following data:
- 3,172 recoveries and 22 deaths since yesterday's report.
- Among the new cases confirmed today are 330 unvaccinated people, 77 partially vaccinated people, and 1,553 fully vaccinated people.
- Lab-confirmed testing is mostly limited to Indigenous people, hospitalized people, and those who live or work in high-risk congregate care settings. As such a majority of the people being tested are fully vaccinated as per provincial or workplace mandatory vaccine policies.
- 1,540 people are in hospital testing positive for COVID-19. Of those, 53 per cent were hospitalized because of COVID-19 and the other 47 per cent were admitted for other reasons but tested positive for COVID.
- There are 402 patients in Ontario ICUs with COVID. Of those, 81 per cent were admitted because of COVID-19 and the other 19 per cent were admitted for other reasons but tested positive for COVID.
- There are 244 COVID patients on ventilators.
- Not all hospitals report on weekends, so hospitalization numbers are incomplete on Sunday and Monday.
Public Health Ontario has confirmed 1,072,720 cases of COVID-19 since the start of the pandemic and reported 1,033,595 recoveries and 12,093 deaths.