THE LAKELANDS ASSOCIATION
MUSKOKA – The Lakelands Association of Realtors® (The Lakelands) donated $3,264 dollars to The Sharing Place Food Bank, one of the six local charities set to receive funds across Muskoka, Haliburton, and Orillia this month.
Each of its member contributes monthly donations to Ontario Realtors Care® Foundation (totalling 17k annually), which is divided across the jurisdiction for shelter-based charities.
“We are truly honoured to receive a grant this year,” said The Sharing Place Food Bank, Executive Director, Chris Peacock. This grant helps us fund our Christmas Hamper program that we distribute to over 800 people for the holiday season."
2017 grant recipients:
- The Sharing Place Food Bank, Orillia: provides nutritious food for three to five days once a month.
- Burk’s Falls & District Food Bank: provides food and resources for those in need. Covers seven districts.
- Muskoka Interval House, Bracebridge: provides shelter and resources for women and children.
- Cottage Dreams, Haliburton: provides rental cottages for families to enjoy following cancer treatment.
- Alzheimer Society of Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland and Haliburton: improves the quality of life of those living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and advancing the search for the cause and cure.
- Huntsville Hospice: provides care and support to individuals in the Huntsville who are facing end of life situations.
“The contributions by The Lakelands members through the Ontario Realtors Care® Foundation (ORCF) boost the ability for our organization to support our residents,” said The Lakelands Association of Realtors®, President, Mike Stahls.
“Local Realtors® have a deep pride for their community, and The Lakelands members are committed to our mission of being an integral part of the communities we live and work in.”
For further details about the Grant Application (Deadline to The Association is Sept. 1), please click here