ONTARIO PROVINCIAL POLICE
The Orillia detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police executed a search warrant at a residence in the Township of Severn.
On Oct. 19, 2019 the Orillia OPP responded to a break and enter at a residence in the Township of Severn where firearms were stolen.
The Central Region Forensic Identification Services and the Orillia OPP Community Street Crime Unit assisted with the investigation.
As a result of a thorough investigation Orillia OPP, Orillia OPP CSCU and Central Region Emergency Response Unit executed a warrant at a residence in Severn Township on Dec. 14, 2019.
Police arrested 25-year-old Jesse Kirouac of Severn Township. The suspect is charged with the following offences:
- Break and enter contrary to Section 348(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
- Possession of a firearm contrary to prohibition order contrary to Section 117.01(1) of the Criminal Code.
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm contrary to Section 91(1) of the Criminal Code.
- Break and enter with intent to steal a firearm contrary to Section 98(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
- Possession of property obtained by crime contrary to Section 354(1)(a) of the Criminal Code.
- Breach of probation contrary to Section 733.1(1) of the Criminal Code.
The accused was held in custody and is set to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Barrie on Dec. 17, 2019.
Members of the Orillia Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police are committed to public safety, delivering proactive and innovative policing in partnership with our communities. Officers value your contribution to building safe communities. If you have information about suspected unlawful activity, please contact the OPP at 1-888-310-1122 or visit Crime Stoppers at: www.crimestopperssdm.com or call 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).