Postcard Memories is a weekly series of historic postcard views and photos submitted by Marcel Rousseau. Some were previously published by the Orillia Museum of Art and History and in the book Postcard Memories Orillia. Watch for this feature every Saturday morning.
This is an aerial view of Orillia Soldiers' Memorial Hospital,circa 1960. Expansion has begun to overwhelm the Soldiers Wing built in 1922, with the circular driveway at the front entrance. By 1987, nothing remained of this hospital building. The empty lot at bottom right is the playground area of West Ward Public School, now part of the new hospital parking lot. The hospital campus has dramatically changed in the intervening decades, with the addition of the Community Tower the most recent addition to what has become a much larger hospital with several more buildings and parking lots.