Postcard Memories is a weekly series of historic postcard views and photos submitted by Marcel Rousseau.
Some were previously published by the Orillia Museum of Art and History and in the book Postcard Memories Orillia.
This location at 117 Mississaga St. E. has a long history of being a favourite place to eat in downtown Orillia.
In the early 1920s, it was called Soo’s Café and, by 1937, the name had changed to the Star Café. This photo of the Star Café, owned and operated by Gin Seto, was taken shortly after the restaurant was renovated in the early 1950s and just before the name was changed to the Shangri-La Gardens.
Presently, it's called the Brewery Bay Food Company and owned by Steve and Chris Clarke, who opened their restaurant in 1993.