Skip to content

Take a trip down memory lane to downtown Orillia, circa 1955

Aerial view provides glimpse into what downtown Orillia looked like more than 60 years ago
0
2019-03-23 55 Aerial View c 1955
This is an aerial view of downtown Orillia taken in 1955.

Postcard Memories is a weekly series of historic postcard views and photos submitted by Marcel Rousseau. Some were previously published by the Orillia Museum of Art and History and in the book Postcard Memories Orillia. You can take a trip down memory lane with us each Saturday morning!

This late 1950s view of Orillia’s downtown shows Colborne Street, on the right, and Mississaga Street from Wyandotte to the lake.

On the right side of Colborne Street is the large Tudhope building with the Porcelain & Metal Products factory facing Andrew Street. This section is now city hall.

Going north on Andrew Street between Colborne and Misissaga streets, the building with the large roof is the Orillia Curling Club.

On the northeast corner of Andrew and Mississaga streets, this side of the Opera House, is the public library with its original façade. 

On the left side of the card, the large white building facing Coldwater Road is the Orillia Creamery, now the location of a large apartment building.




Comments