Postcard Memories is a weekly series of historic postcard views and photos submitted by Marcel Rousseau. Some were previously published by the Orillia Museum of Art and History and in the book Postcard Memories Orillia.
The Wilcan Village sign advertises housekeeping cabins for overnight guests in this photo from the late 1950s.
These tidy cottages were located on the east side of Rama Road across from the entrance to Floral Park.
Early phone directories tell us the Wilcan Villa was open for close to 30 years starting in 1958. Its location was described as six kilometres, or four miles, south of Washago on the Rama Road.
Open from June to September, they had five cabins with a recreation and Juke Box dance hall that was a gathering place for both visitors and local residents alike.