Postcard Memories is a weekly series of historic postcard views and photos submitted by Marcel Rousseau.
Some were previously published by the Orillia Museum of Art and History and in the book Postcard Memories Orillia.
This postcard features a great view, circa 1925, of the Post Office on Peter Street South that is now the location of the Orillia Museum of Art and History.
The Post Office was located on the main floor with the Customs and Excise and Royal Canadian Mounted Police sharing the upstairs.
The Victoria Hall was owned by the Knights of Columbus who held their meetings upstairs and leased out the ground floor.
For a period of about five years, in the early 1900s, the Orillia Public Library was located there.
A 1923 directory tells us that George Street and Sons Florist Shop was located just past the Post Office at 22 Peter Street S.