The Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit has confirmed its first positive COVID-19 case at a Bradford school.
Earlier today, St. Angela Merici Catholic School principal Joe Almeida sent a letter to families letting them know that an individual at the school has tested positive for the virus.
Due to privacy reasons, the school did not confirm if the individual was a student or staff member.
The school has provided information to the health unit on who the individual was in contact with while at school, including before- and after-school care and on the school bus.
Enhanced cleaning and disinfection in all areas of the school where the individual may have been has already taken place.
The school will remain open with no further action being suggested by the health unit at this time.
This is the sixth confirmed COVID-19 case in a school in Simcoe County.
Simcoe County school cases (as of Sept. 27)
- Sept. 15 – Twin Lakes Secondary School, Orillia (teacher)
- Sept. 18 – St. John Vianney Catholic School, Barrie (individual)
- Sept. 20 – Father F.X. O’Reilly Catholic School, Tottenham (individual)
- Sept. 21 – Bear Creek Secondary School, Barrie (individual)
- Sept. 24 – Sister Catherine Donnelly Catholic School, Barrie (individual)
- Sept. 27 – St. Angela Merici Catholic School, Bradord (unspecified)