TOWNSHIP OF RAMARA
As the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit catchment area moves into Step 1 of the Province's Road to Reopening Plan, the Township of Ramara Administration Building will open to the public for appointment only, other than for services offered in the Finance Department, on Monday, June 14, 2021.
The only walk-in services available will be those offered in the Finance Department and include the following:
- Paying a Bill (taxes, utilities and accounts receivable)
- Purchasing water tokens
- Tax and utility bill lookup
- Purchasing dog tags
For services such as business licenses, commissioning of documents, building and planning applications, the public will be required to book an appointment online or by phone.
Residents can book online using the "book an appointment tool", and all appointments will be booked in blocks of 30 minutes with staff. This will allow for proper physical distancing within the office and allow time for staff to properly sanitize before the next appointment.
With the gradual reopening of the Township and the Province entering Step 1 of the Roadmap to Reopening Plan, the following municipal services and programs are impacted:
- The Township Administration Building will be open for appointment; walk-in services available for services offered by the Finance Department.
- All outdoor recreation amenities are open including beaches, parks, trails and boat launches.
- Ramara Recreation department will offer Summer Day Camps starting July 5. Learn more about the Summer Day Camps and register at www.ramara.ca/ recreat ion.
- Ramara Public Library will continue to be closed to the public and offer virtual programming and curbside pickup.
- The building, planning and infrastructure department will continue to accept all building and planning applications electronically. Watch out for our new e-permitting portal for building permits coming soon!
- Short-Term Rental Accommodations are permitted to resume operation. The Township requires all operators to obtain an annual licence before they begin to advertise and rent their short-term rental accommodation. Learn more at www.ramara.ca/STRA
When visiting the Township Administration Building, the following safety precautions are now in place:
- Everyone entering the facility is required to wear a face covering.
- Members of the public will access the entrance located at the front of the building closest to Highway 12.
- If meeting a staff member for an appointment, the public will need to complete the COVID-19 screening tool before entering the building.
- Signage and floor decals will indicate proper physical distancing.
- Everyone entering the municipal building is encouraged to use the hand sanitizer available at the entrance and regularly throughout their stay.
- Residents are still encouraged to call in to speak with staff and access municipal services online where available. Residents can access all online services at www.ramara.ca/onlineservices.
The Township of Ramara is working diligently to keep residents informed during the COVID-19 pandemic. For more information on how services are impacted, please visit www.ramara.ca/COVID-19. For more information on how you can book an appointment, what to expect when entering municipal facilities and access to the COVID-19 screening tool, please visit www.ramara.ca/ ramarareopens.