Postcard Memories is a weekly series of historic postcard views and photos submitted by Marcel Rousseau. Some were previously published by the Orillia Museum of Art and History and in the book Postcard Memories Orillia.
Postmarked 1912, this great view of the bathing pavilions at Couchiching Beach Park was taken shortly after construction in 1911.
The sandy beach shows signs of development and the two swimming docks pictured were always pulled in for winter storage.
The ladies' bathhouse on the left burned down in 1958 and the remaining bathhouse was divided, and used by both men and women the following year.
In 1960, a new building, still in use, was built by Ray Knight Construction to accommodate men’s and women’s change rooms and restrooms. The remaining bathhouse close to the beach was then removed.