Postcard Memories is a weekly series of historic postcard views and photos submitted by Marcel Rousseau.
Some were previously published by the Orillia Museum of Art and History and in the book Postcard Memories Orillia.
Construction on the YMCA building on Peter Street North began in 1906 and was completed in 1907.
By 1910, the “Y” was overcrowded and a major addition was started, including a pool that was opened in 1912.
This was the only pool north of Toronto for the next 40 years and many swimming meets were held here.
The YMCA was the focal centre for all youth activities of the town and in 1920 became the first YMCA to admit women and girls to membership.